Thursday, 22 December 2016
The mum is pretty much finished, there are still some skinning issues with the dress but I will iron those out and hopefully it will all work nicely. I got some advice from Alan on how to tackle it which involved creating a duplicate mesh and using rivets to control the main mesh.
I couldn't resist putting the family together, so I quickly put them all in a scene and posed them for a group photo. While doing this I noticed that two of the boys buttons weren't working correctly, they had some how flipped, so I will be investigating that as well as polishing the mothers dress.
Tuesday, 20 December 2016
Saturday, 17 December 2016
Thursday, 15 December 2016
Wednesday, 14 December 2016
These are the current textures for the boy, he is currently missing his buttons because I couldn't remember how to attach them to the rig, so that will be a question for Alan. I can now move onto the parents, the boy will need some additional face shapes when it comes to lip syncing as I want the transition between shapes to be smooth at points.
Sunday, 11 December 2016
Today I worked on getting some face shapes done for the boy, I decided to create them in Illustrator as the smooth vector lines were something I wanted to achieve. There is still stuff to clean up and I need to create all of the Phonemes but it is really exciting seeing him come to life!
Thursday, 8 December 2016
I've been trying to work on a way to rig the PJ's so that they can be deformed with the leg, this is my first test using a NURBs circle as a motion path with joints attached. It automates the deformation quite nicely and it's possible for me to add individual controls to control each joint separately. Below is an image of what the rig looks like so far it still needs skinning adjustments but the method seems to be relatively decent.
Tuesday, 6 December 2016
I took a break from skinning/pose space deformation stuff to rough in some textures, I was mainly concerned with getting some rough eyes and a mouth in and figuring out the spacing. There is still a lot of work to be done with positioning and scale but the boy is starting to come to life.
Friday, 2 December 2016
The boy's arms are now rigged, have squash and stretch and IK/FK functionality. Like the legs they have flexi-planes as part of the rig to add some extra control when it comes to skinning. Once I've checked over the rig to make sure there isnt any issues I can start skinning!