Thursday 13 November 2014

What If Metropolis - A Few More Thumbnails 140 - 142

I didn't have much time tonight to do thumbnails due to band commitments (I had a live interview on the radio though, which was a lot of fun!) , so I was only able to get three more done. I kind of followed Jordan's advice in the sense that I used Maya with a camera set up to look around my scene and create some compositions that I may have lost time trying to figure out perspective for.

I found this quite useful and it allowed me to create these thumbnails really quickly, it's something I may use a bit more on perspectives that I'm not fully comfortable, however I do want to try and improve on my perspective and digital painting skills in general so I think it's a method I'll only use if I'm really struggling.

To me 141 is the strongest here, the colour palette I'm still playing with but I find the composition to be quite strong. 141 could also work quite well as it directs your eye straight down the path, which could make for an interesting scene.

1 comment:

  1. I am liking the middle one : ) It's a good and useful idea to use basic maya shapes for composition and perspective

    ReplyDelete