Monday 8 February 2016

Adaptation B - Influences

I've been looking for different influences for the characters I want to design and animate for my Adaptation B project, the plan is to create one character that would be part of a fighting game like super smash bros. The end aim for the project is to create a variety of different animation cycles that could be used in a showreel, I found a few examples of showreels with animation that I found interesting and to see what caught my attention.




The characters are going to be based on different music genres so the project offers me the potential to have them all look slightly different like the characters in super smash bros. However I quite like how disney infinity brings a variety of different worlds and characters together in a way that makes them all feel as if they belong. I like the simplified designs and how the characters feel toy like, this is something that I think could work and would be reflective of my style.


1 comment:

  1. Disney Infinity's style works because in essence, its a toy line. So maybe your character's broader style could reflect the genre of music they come from?

    ReplyDelete