Wednesday, 30 November 2016
I finished off the leg rigging today and started on the arms, here are some of the various expressions/node editor work that I had to do to get the rig to be stretchy in both IK and FK mode.
Friday, 25 November 2016
Rigging is well underway, I decided to do the same rig that I used in my Adaptation B project, it will overall give me more control and exaggeration when it comes to animation. So far I've set up the spine, the neck, a temporary head joint and I'm halfway through the legs. Next I'll be working on FK controls and switching the visibilty between IK and FK controls, I'll also be adding flexiPlanes to the legs and arms to allow for better deformation.
Thursday, 24 November 2016
Tuesday, 22 November 2016
Monday, 21 November 2016
Tuesday, 15 November 2016
Monday, 14 November 2016
Sunday, 13 November 2016
This week I started painting something everyday, I am going to try to make a painting a day from now on to hopefully help me improve and make me quicker at painting. I'll be posting them daily at: https://www.instagram.com/serafini_art/ and I'll be adding them weekly here.
I started modelling the boy's head, It was fun to get back into 3D but at the same time I felt extremely rusty at modelling. The mesh is still a bit lumpy in places, but it is a good working base. Look forward to bringing this little guy to life.
Thursday, 10 November 2016
Tuesday, 8 November 2016
Monday, 7 November 2016
Sunday, 6 November 2016
Friday, 4 November 2016
These are probably far too detailed as in reality you're only ever going to see the silhouette of the 'shark' however it was easier for me to draw them slightly more detailed. I think 7 and 9 are my favourite, but I think 7 could use beefing up to be more bulky and intimidating.
I need to figure out how the 'shark' bed looks next, as it will never be seen I will be focusing on its mass as opposed to a fully fleshed out design.
Wednesday, 2 November 2016
Tuesday, 1 November 2016
I changed up the colour scheme for the wardrobe and bedside table and then did some quick sketches of the room, it's furnishing and colour is still going to be explored but in this one I tried to make it quite dull.
I also did a quick parents turnaround to use as a starting point in Maya, I feel as if I will be able to model these characters without a guide but having something to get the model started is always useful.